Thursday 3 September 2020

(Topic:-Friends and family)IELTS Speaking PART-1 Question & Answer

 




IELTS Speaking PART-1 Question & Answer(Friends and family)


Note: In the first part, a candidate is asked a variety of personal questions. In light of this fact, suggested answers should be modified to meet your own personal circumstances.



Friends and family


1)    Do you have any (or, many) close friends?

      Yes, I have a few good friends. I can trust them and tell them about my troubles and worries. It's always good to have someone to turn to when you have something you want to share with others. I value my friendship with them very much because friends are an important part of our life.

 

2)    What qualities make them good friends?

      I think good friends should be honest with each other and care about each other's feelings. It's also important for good friends to have the same topics and the same values so that they can share many things in their lives.

     Or

Mutual understanding makes people have a long friendship. If people can tolerate each other’s shortcomings and be simple and straight forward, then friendships can be for a long time.


3)    Do you live with your family?

      I don't live with my family, but I could visit them during vacations. I think it's always good to live close to them. We could have dinner and spend weekend time together. It's nice to have quality time with family members because they're the ones who love us the most.

Or

I stay with my family. I meet my family members every day.

 

4)    Do your family and friends still live in your hometown?

     Yes, my family and most of my friends still live in my hometown, so it's very convenient for me to see them whenever I go back to my hometown. It's always nice to see so many people you know well around you.

 

5)    Do you think family members should live together? (Why? /Why not?)

      I think it depends. For me, I prefer to live by myself but be close to my family members. If we live together, under the same roof, there'll be a lot of conflicts between us, but if we live too far away from each other, we'll miss each other. So it's better to be close but not together.

     Or

Yes, definitely. My family is my life Even though I go to some foreign country temporarily, I finally want to be with my family.

6)    When do you spend time with your family? What do you do together?

      I usually spend major holidays with my family members. I really enjoy the time that we do something together, such as playing pokers or going shopping. Occasionally, we would cook a family meal together.

     Or

    I spend time with my family in many ways. We eat together, cook together, watch TV   together, and do many things together.

 

7)    Do you often go out with your friends?

      Maybe once a week, but of course, usually with different friends. I like going shopping with friends because they could always give me good advice and help me make sensible decisions. When traveling, I also love going with a bunch of friends because we could do many fun things together.

 

8)    Is your family very important to you?

      Of course. No one can replace our family members in our life. We should try our best to spend some quality time with our family members and make them feel happy. I think a family can help us to feel a sense of belonging and identity as well.

9) How has your family influenced you?

My family has influenced me in many ways. We depend on each other for many things. We guide each other from time to time and we do many things together.

 

10)    Do you prefer to spend time with your family or your friends?

      I don't know. Sometimes I want to spend time with my friends because we have a lot of things in common and it's easy for us to find interesting topics to talk about. But when I'm with my family, I can feel the love from them, which makes me feel comfortable.

 

11) What do you do in your free time with your friends?

      I enjoy chatting, traveling, and shopping with my friends. When we do things alone, we'll feel lonely, but if we do something with a bunch of friends, we'll feel the merry atmosphere. Maybe that's why people always say "the more, the merrier". I agree with that a lot. When I travel with a group of friends, I will usually laugh more and feel more enjoyable.

 

12) Are there any times when you prefer to be alone?

      Yes. When I'm spending too much time with others, I   want to have some solitary time to help myself think better and enjoy some time to read or watch a movie by myself. I think a balance of solitary and group life is healthy for us.

       13) How do you communicate with your friends?

I communicate face-to-face and also through cell phone and apps like Whatsapp, Instagram and Facebook.

 

14)  Does it make things easier in a friendship if you have similar interests?

Yes, definitely. With similar interests, friends can spend time together and not get bored. They will also have similar topics for discussion. In a lasting friendship, it is very essential that your likes and dislikes are similar.

 

15)  How do people make friends now?

Nowadays, people make friends through the internet by joining social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.

 

16)  Do you think we meet new people differently now than in the past?

Yes, definitely. Nowadays, we meet new people through internet by joining social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. Earlier, people had lots of free time and they made friends by meeting personally.

 

17)  Is friendship (= are friends) important to you? (Why?/Why not?)

Yes, friends are very important to me. I can share all my feelings with them, and they understand me very well because they are mostly my age.

 

18)  Do you prefer to spend time with friends or spend time alone? (Why?)

I prefer to spend time with my friends. I love their company and I enjoy with them.

 

19)  What kind of people do you like to have as friends?

I like my friends to be honest, trustworthy, helpful, and intelligent. I also like friends with a good sense of humor.

 

20)  Do you like to spend time with friends? (Why?)

Yes, I like to spend time with friends because I enjoy their company. I like to go out with them for movies, for shopping and for walks.

 

21)  What do you and your friends do together?

We study together, go for walks together, watch movies together, and sometimes eat out together.

 

22)  What do your friends think of you? (Do your friends think that you are a good friend? Why?)

I think my friends like me. We spend a lot of time together and they never seem bored. I am honest and straightforward with them. So I think they like me.

 

23)  Are friends more important than family? (Why?)

Friends and family both are important. But, I think Family is definitely more important than friends. Friends can turn out to be fair-weather friends but family is always with you in your good times and bad times. It has been rightly said that in prosperity your friends know you, but in adversity, you know your friends.

 

24)  How do Indian people make friends? (= where, in what situations, e.g. at school & at work.)

Indian people make friends in schools, colleges while traveling, during family get-togethers, during outings, and in many other ways. Nowadays making online friends has also become very popular.

 

25)  Do adults and children make friends in the same way?

Adults and children do not make friends and the same way. Children are very innocent and make friends from the heart. They don’t judge a person before making friends. Adults, on the other hand, are very calculative. They make friends after judging whether that person could be helpful to them or not.


0 comments: