Monday 31 August 2020

(Topic:-Name)IELTS Speaking PART-1 Question & Answer

 




IELTS Speaking PART-1 Question & Answer(Name)


Note: In the first part, a candidate is asked a variety of personal questions. In light of this fact, suggested answers should be modified to meet your own personal circumstances.



Name

1)    Do you like your name?

       Yes, I do like my name very much. My name was given by my parents and it carries a very good meaning, which means happy. I believe this name can bring me good luck and I’ll be happy all the time.

      Or

      Yes, I love my name. It is my identity. It is a meaningful name. It is my parent's gift to me.

 

2)    Are there any special meanings of your name? 

      Yes, my name in Indian pronunciation means "Khushi" because my parents want me to lead a happy life in the future and I can smile to every circumstance encountered.

      Or

      Yes, my name has a special meaning. My name is Kiran. It means a ray of light. My name is very significant to me. It has been my identity for the last  25 years. It is a gift given to me by my parents. It brings out positive feelings from within me. I am proud of my name.

 

3)    Who gives the names in India? What's the tradition of giving names?

      In general, parents will give the children the name, but sometimes, grandparents will also take part in the naming process. I think it is universal around the world. In every country, relatives will give the children names.

 

4)    Are you willing to change your name? Why?

       No. First, I like my name very much, and I don't feel it necessary to change my name. Second, the name is just a small part of me; people get along with me, not with my name. So it doesn't matter.

 

5)    What meanings are there in the nicknames of Indian children?

       Most children in India will have a nickname for different reasons. Some people believe a nickname will bring their children blessings, and some others want to call their children more conveniently.

 

6)    In your country, do people feel that their name is very important?

       Well, every Indian name carries a meaning, and it represents the common value and pursuit of the family. So people usually consider their own names unique and important.

 

7)    Is it easy to change your name in your country?

      It's not so easy. Firstly the family members should come to an agreement on that. Then I have to go to the police station for registration. And all the friends and acquaintances should be informed.

8)    What names are most common in your hometown?

     Those with nice meanings. A lot of boys are given names like Aarav or Ashish, meaning-making achievements. And girls' parents prefer characters such as Priyanka or Kiara.

9)    Do people in India ever change their names?

      Yes, sometimes people change their names. Sometimes, when a girl gets married, her in-laws give her a new name and start calling her by that name. However, it is a very cumbersome process to change one’s name in papers.

 


0 comments: