Sunday 30 August 2020

Idioms-(Part-6)

 




Idioms


Common Idioms

Definitions

The new iPhone is really in the thing at the moment.

Something fashionable.

I don’t think her new handbag is the real McCoy.

Genuine or not fake.

Off the top of my head, I’d say about 2 or 3.

Saying something without thinking first.

Apple phones are very run of the mill these days.

average, ordinary

My husband is not just my lover, he’s my soul mate.

Someone you trust very deeply.

I was really down in the dumps after my dog died.

sad

Moving to a new city was difficult as first, but I soon found my feet.

To become comfortable doing something.

My parents are quite traditional and set in their ways.

Not wanting to change.

I decided to go the extra mile and move to England to really perfect my English.

Do much more than is required.

Abortion and capital punishment are hot potatoes in my country at the moment.

A controversial topic.

I sent my application in late and I think I missed the boat.

Miss an opportunity.


0 comments: