Friday 28 August 2020

Idioms-(Part-4)

 




Idioms



Common Idioms

Definitions

It cost me an arm and a leg to take my trip to Australia.

Very expensive

I was over the moon when he asked me to marry him.

Extremely pleased or happy

He comes round to see me once in a blue moon.

Happening very rarely

I reckon getting a band 7 in IELTS will be a piece of cake! I’m very good at English.

Very easy

The money sent by comic relief to help poverty in Africa is just a drop in the ocean. They need far more than this.

A very small part of something much bigger

We have to actually do something about global warming. Actions speak louder than words.

It’s better to actually do something rather than just talking about it

I bumped into Jenny in town the other day.

Meeting someone you would not have expected to


0 comments: