Sunday 6 September 2020

(Topic:-Your Hometown)IELTS Speaking PART-1 Question & Answer

 



IELTS Speaking PART-1 Question & Answer(Your Hometown)


Note: In the first part, a candidate is asked a variety of personal questions. In light of this fact, suggested answers should be modified to meet your own personal circumstances.



Your Hometown

1)   Where is your hometown? How long have you been living there?

I’m from XYZ, the capital of XYZ province. I was born and raised in that city until I went to study at XYZ two years ago. I enjoy the time studying in the city, too.

Or

I’m from XYZ, a small city in XYZ province. Living there for the past twenty years, I’ve been to almost every corner of the city and know many good restaurants. It’s also interesting when I go out because I could always run across some acquaintance.


2)   Is your hometown famous for anything?

Yes, my hometown is famous for local food, like pav bhaji, dosa etc... Everyone who comes to my hometown would try this food. Also, there’re some famous tourist attractions and the most famous place is beaches, temple etc…, which would attract people from all over the world.

 

3)   What do you like most about living in your hometown (or, about living where you are living now)?

I love the local food. I have to admit every region has their famous food and it’s hard to find authentic food of my hometown in other cities, so I would always miss the delicious local food when I’m away.

 

4)   Do you like your hometown?

Of course! Who doesn’t like his hometown? And from among all the aspects, I love the local food most. It’s hard to find authentic food of my hometown in other cities, so I would always miss the delicious local food when I’m away.

 

5)   Would you say it’s an interesting place?

Yes. Though it’s a small place, there are some scenic spots. Modern facilities for entertainments are also built up in downtown areas. So we can always find something interesting to do when getting together with friends. And if you have time, I may be your guide to have a tour around there.

 

6)   What would you say are the good points and the bad points of your hometown

Well, the local food is definitely a good point, and the native people are hospitable. In the past, the environment was among the best in the neighbouring areas. But the protection has not been attached importance to. So now pollution has become one of the most serious problems in my hometown.

 

7)   Did your friends also grow up in the same place as you?

My old friends are mostly former classmates and neighbours in my hometown. Since I attended university, I have been making new friends coming from different areas.

 

8)   Would you like to live there in the future?

Yes. There is a Chinese saying; Fallen leaves return to the roots. So even if I may have further education and future jobs in bigger cities, I will go back to my hometown and live there when I grow old.

 

0 comments: