Monday 1 July 2019

(Part-1) Same pronounce-Different word-Different meaning /Confusable word/homophones word


Same pronounce-Different word-Different meaning/Confusable word/Homophones word  

(Part-1)




1)  Accept(Willingly receive):- He accepted my advice very happily.
Except(not including):- All except him were present.
Expect(To think that something will probably happen):- He expected to me to drive him home.

2) Access(approaching or entering a place/right or opportunity to reach or use or visit)
-People living in urban areas have access to technology.
Excess(more than enough):- There is excess sugar in tea.

3) Adapt(adjust):- Try to adapt new technology.
Adept(skillful):- He is adept in the art of flattery.
Adopt(legally take into a relationship):- My aunt adopted a girl last month.
4) Addition(To add):- I am not good at addition.
Edition(Copies of a book,newspaper Etc.issued at one time):-The first edition of this fictional book was published in 1998.
5) Advice(Noun:Suggestion):- every child must follow the advice of their parents.
Advice(Verb:suggest):- I advice him to see a doctor.
6) Band(group of musician,flat,thin strip put round something):- I tied the paper with a rubber band.
Bend(Force something straight into a curve or angle):- He bends down to tie his shoelace.
7) Bear(to tolerate;a large animal):- I can not bear this insult.
Beer(an alcoholic drink):- i do not drink beer.
8) Beat(Strike repeatedly;defeat):- the rain beat loudly against the roof.
Bit(a small quantity;past tense of bite):- a dog bit me in my leg.
Beet(a vegetable):- Beetroot is good for our health.

9) Brake(a device fro stopping vehicle):- the driver applied the brakes in time.
Break(separate into pieces under a blow or strain;interval):- I often break my pencil while painting.

10) Carrier(person or thing that carries):-carrier of bicycle can not bear a heavy load.
Career(profession):- I want to make my career in software field.
11) Cease(stop):- They have ceased the work.
Seize(take hold of forcibly or suddenly):- He seized the gun from her.

12) Cereal(grain use for food):- We should include cereals in our daily diet.
Serial(a series;gradual):- I do not like to watch TV serials.
13) Cheap(not costly)
Chip(thin piece):-I like to eat potato chips.
14) Cheat(deceive or trick):- Many hawkers cheat people.
Chit(a note):- Students were copying the answer from the chit.
15) Cite(quote or mention):- He cited many examples to prove his point.
Sight(view):- He saw a strange sight yesterday.
Site(a place for some activity):- This is good sight for business.

16) Complacent(self-satisfied):- I am very complacent for whatever I have.
Complaisant(willing to please):- He is so complaisant that he never objects anyone.

17) Complement(things that complete):- This sweet dish is complement for our meal.
Compliment(formal greeting):-I complimented him for got a first prize in sports.
18) Conscious(aware of):- Nowadays people are very health conscious.
Conscience(moral sense of right and wrong):- Mu conscience does not allow me to take bribe.
19) Coarse(rough):- The road was very coarse.
Course(series of lessons)
20) Coast(seashore):- we got the big fish on the seashore.
Cost(price)

0 comments: